Friday, January 31, 2014

Live Action Reference Photo A-SPEC-10 - Alice Jumping

Next from the Key Book set is the photo of Kathy jumping.  My assumption is that this is from the sequence when Alice is entering the Queen's grounds for the first time through the maze, and hears the Card Painters and jumps up and down to see over the hedge.
I cannot match this to a specific frame of film (mostly because that whole sequence is dominated by the hedge) but as this is a SPEC still it may have been a press still image taken from a different angle, or it could be from another scene entirely.  I do know that this image is also very popular with Disney, both at the time of release and even to this day.

3 comments:

Astral Pen said...

Every time I see that photo, I think she is trying to fly like Peter Pan...or perhaps like Wendy? :)

Torgo25 said...

Since you've posted a number of these live-action reference photos, I was wondering if you knew anything about the one in the link below. It's a photo of Kathryn Beaumont acting out the scene where Alice lures the flamingo closer to her so she can grab ahold of its neck. My attempts to find a higher quality version of it have been unsuccessful, and it’s never appeared in articles about the 1951 film’s live action reference or in any vintage articles promoting the film. Any idea about the source of the photo?

https://78.media.tumblr.com/597e4081ffd0d0d66564d2317f0ff8c7/tumblr_p5eibpYE1L1w61tjao1_400.jpg

Matt said...

That is indeed a very cool image. Looks like it might be from a magazine. I have TONS of magazines. I'm about to embark upon a fairly significant project, if I come across it I'll certainly post it. Stay tuned!