Thursday, August 22, 2013

1951 RKO Lobby Cards from Mexico

This just in from the realm of 'Things I Don't Have, Have Never Seen Before, And Want Very Badly'.  Original 1951 lobby cards from Mexico!
The format of these cards is very similar to all the other, later lobby cards we've all seen from Mexico, an art border of some kind with a central image, usually taken from a publicity still.
These are no different, although the B&W central image is odd given that the rest of the card is in full color.  Later cards have a full color image.
I was only able to find images of 4 cards, there might indeed be more, but they must be pretty rare as these are the first I've ever seen.
If anyone out there has them, or images of others, I would love to see them!  And of course buy them :-)


2 comments:

Brian Sibley said...

The B&W stills with colour surrounds is very bizarre! A real curiouser-and-curiouser curiosity! :)

Laura S Reading said...

I love your description of 'Things I Don't Have, Have Never Seen Before, And Want Very Badly.' I can so relate!