Wednesday, December 12, 2012

David Hall Story Art Stills - Alice Encounters the Caterpillar

Ah, the post I've been waiting for, Alice meets the Caterpillar.  Alice peers over the mushroom cap at the turban-ed Caterpillar.  Signed upper left and labeled '73'
We all know and love this watercolor, which is reproduced in the David Hall book in color, and more importantly lives on my wall.
Next we get a close up view of the Caterpillar with his hooka, he seems quite the jolly fellow.  This image is reproduced in the David Hall book.
Now a cropped detail view of the above watercolor, labeled '75'.
This is very close to how the image appears in Surprise Package and in the David Hall book, .

2 comments:

Jake Friedman said...

This is great! Tell me - what do you know about Aldous Huxley's involvement with the film? Sincerely, Jake from BabbittBlog.com

Matt said...

Not too much, but my daughter does. I'm having her do a guest post on the blog about it soon.