Friday, September 9, 2011

Bon Voyage Computer Girl - Cheshire Cat Scotland Pin

Today Computer Girl heads of to Bonnie Scotland for a year-long graduate program at the University of Glasgow. To commemorate this auspicious event, I present to you this Disney Auction Limited Edition pin of the Cheshire Cat in full Scots regalia, complete with bagpipe.
This was part of a set of LE pins that Disney Auctions put out in 2004 called Cheshire Cat World Tour, in an edition of 100.  A few years ago we made the decision to only collect vintage items and got rid of most of the modern Alice stuff.  A vast majority of the pins did not make the cut, this being one.  This past summer Computer Girl has been selling the deleted pin collection, she got $56 each for the two examples we had of this pin, quite good considering I only paid $18.  Go Computer Girl!

1 comment:

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, you got good prices for those pins! I sold the 20 (or so) pins that I had acquired over the years... some for a good price, others not. But I'm like you, I'd rather spend more money on an older item than just get a lot of new junk that is cranked out at a furious rate.