Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Great Cookie Conundrum

While perusing the CMD for other posts, I came across the page for Leeds.  
On that page (which was on the back side of an Alice page, when will I learn to TURN the page) was the listing for the Alice cookie jar by Leeds, which I originally posted last year.
In that post I discussed and pictured the two know Leeds variations on the Alice cookie jar. The blue
and the white
I also previously posted an image from the campaign book, but I now have a better scan of that page
Also in that post I mentioned that while I had never seen this particular style of cookie jar for Alice, I had seen a Donald Duck jar in that style (in a variety of colors), which is also pictured on the CMD page.
This style matches the blue Alice jar.

What I had never noticed before though was this price sheet on the CMD page
Notice how there are two sizes listed for the Alice jar, as well as the Donald and Mickey jars.  Could it be that these two variations are really the two different sizes listed here?

8 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

That grainy second image looks like the exact same photo as the clearer one in campaign book.

Mmmmm, cookies....

Matt said...

it does, which is why I wonder where they all are?

Magic Emperor said...

Search me, I don't know. I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles...

mtncave said...

xCan you add an image of the brown donald duck cookie jar?

Matt said...

Your wish is my command...

Unknown said...

Do you know how much this is worth now, I have the light brown Donald Duck cookie jar. In very good condition. Thank you.

Unknown said...

I own the Alice in Wonderland blue cookie jar, but without the lid. Any idea how much it's worth?

Matt said...

cookie jars without lids don't have much value. the value of this jar in particular is entirely dependent on the paint job, but without a lid the value is minimal. if you are looking to sell it your best bet is to find a really damaged one with a nice lid and swap it out. but cookie jar prices are so low these days it hardly seems worth it. best bet is you'd get $100 for a nice jar intact with decent paint job. without a lid, maybe $10-15.