Wednesday, October 6, 2010

1951 Canadian Goodyear Promotional Mailer

This is very cool, and quite honestly very odd. A promotional mailer for Goodyear tires, Canadian market only. I must say, when I think Alice in Wonderland, tires do not leap to mind.

This mailer is incredibly well designed, and the art is very good. The first interior fold shows Alice chasing the White Rabbit towards the Queen's castle, in Goodyear Land (yeah, that rolls right off the tongue).

But the real gold is in the gatefold, where there is a little comic strip talking all about Goodyear Super Cushion tires, and how much Tweedledee and Tweedledum are like these amazing tires...all in verse!

If I were Tweedledee and Tweedledum, I would take offense at being called soft, and comments about how vast my area is.

No comments: