Monday, May 3, 2010

Mystery White Rabbit Bookend Bank

Continuing with my mystery figure series, next up are these White Rabbit combination bookends and banks.

These are apparently from England, as all the ones I have seen and acquired have come from there. I'm not exactly sure of the date on these, but I'm guessing late 1960s or early 1970s since the White Rabbit figure is a copy of the first version of the Disneyland figure.

There are no markings on these of any kind. The bank (or money box as they say in merry 'ol England) consists of the bookend part of the piece, not the figure. The slot is in the top, and there is a rubber stopper in the bottom. I have also seen these in brown.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I wonder if these were unauthorized? And if there are other versions with other characters? The White Rabbit is cute, but sort of obscure compared to many other Disney characters.

Matt said...

It is certainly possible, for this and all my 'mystery' figures.