Sunday, April 5, 2009

From the Walls - Alice Attraction Poster

Today is my wife's birthday (Happy Birthday Wendy!), and as we are fond of saying, she was the best acquisition I ever made to the Alice collection. You see, she is an Alice person too, in fact that is how we met. Although she has always been a more book-focused collector - and certainly not as over the top as I am with the Disney Alice - she is still a Disney fan. In fact she has worked at both Disneyland and the Disney Stores. And her favorite Disney Alice item is the attraction poster.

She has had this for a very long time - long before she ever met me - and it proudly graces our walls in the den by the computer. I still don't know how she found a frame that exactly matches the color of the poster background! We also have the Fantasyland variant (thank you Jed!) but it is not up on the walls and is resting comfortably in the Tulgey Wood.

This item is available in the Wonderland Bazaar.

4 comments:

jedblau said...

It couldn't have gone to a happier home (both my poster and your money)!

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Happy Birthday Wendy! How neat the way you met. "Over the Top" nah, your just an "avid" collector, like me!

Carolyn said...

I have the same poster, purchased at the store on the Disney Studio Lot. It is in storage right now but I plan to design my daughter's room around it when she it a little older. It has such beautiful vintage colors.

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

ps. that poster is beautiful, Carolyn is right about the vintage colors. And Alice sure is pretty...