Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Vira Birthday Card 5X-410-WD

As I'm still operating in birthday mode, I thought I'd post a vintage birthday card. This is one of several greeting cards made by a company called The Vira Corporation of Mamaroneck, NY around the time of the film's release. They made both birthday cards and get well cards in a number of styles with really well done art.

This one is (I think) the first of the Alice cards, at least it is the first numerically of the cards I have. I don't know how many they made, but I have 9 cards that run in sequence from 410-420 with two missing numbers (413, 419). I know for sure there is at least one card I do not have (413), and probably there is another for the remaining missing number. And of course their could be numbers above and below the range as well...

This one is different from your standard birthday card in that the card opens the opposite direction, so that the card is tall and skinny, very unusual.

I love the fact that they used they used the film's logo on the back to identify this as an Alice Inspired card.

3 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

I really like the format of this card with the giant Alice on the inside of the card. Thanks for sharing...and I look forward to the others in the series.

lou c ball said...

PLEASE DO AN ENTRY ON THE TOY BOOKS-PUCHOUT,COLORING ETC!

Anonymous said...

The second card makes me think of Matisse!